Focke-Wulf Fw 44J Stieglitz

The Focke-Wulf Fw 44J Stieglitz is a primary trainer of German origin. It first flew in 1932. In late 1930s and in 1940s it was one of the standard primary trainers of the German Luftwaffe.

The Finnish Air Force procured 35 aircraft in 1940 and 1944. It was used as a primary trainer till 1960, when the rest 20 aircraft were auctioned. One aircraft SZ-4 flew in the Air Force till 1980. The Stieglitz in the museum is an ex Finnish Air Force aircraft sold to civilan use.
Technical data: Wingspan 9,00m, length 7,29 m, empty weigth 565 kg, equipped 900 kg, max level speed at sea level 185 km/h, engine Bramo (Siemens) Sh 14A 150 hp.